ALLNIC AUDIO HA-5000
The HA-5000 is Allnic Audio’s pre-preamplifier, or “Head Amplifier”. It is an active, tube based device for amplification of low voltage signals from moving coil cartridges to allow connection of moving coil cartridges to the moving magnet inputs of a phono-stage, such as the Allnic H-3000 or H-1500. The HA-5000 is an active pre-preamplifier, not a “step-up transformer” like Allnic’s AUT-2000, which uses only a transformer to boost the signal from the cartridge.
- Innovative fixed bias circuit
- Very high S/N ratio
- Extremely wide frequency range
- Ultra flexibility
- Micro-phonic free tube damping know-how
- Variable input load impedances
HA-5000 has two selectable MC inputs (up-graded from only one MC input of HA-3000, many customers have asked to make two MC inputs system). Due to very dangerous “popping” noise when select one MC input to another, no manufacturers(including solid-state) dare to try, which could be amplified thousands times to destroy power amps or loud speakers. Allnic’s ingenious circuit makes it possible to have two MC input without any danger of switching noise.
The HA-5000 is used successfully by H-1500 and H-3000/H-7000/H-5000 customers and also owners of other decent quality 3rd party phono preamps. Available in silver or black. 2 year warranty on all Allnic Audio Products , 1 year on factory supplied tubes. Part exchange welcome, just get in touch for in-store and home demo.
The HA-5000 has the following features;
• Innovative Fixed Bias Circuit In the HA-5000, two Nuvistor 7895 tubes, the smallest vacuum tube, perform as amplifying devices. They magnify the tiniest signal in audio, the output voltage of MC cartridges, to match to the MM input of phono stages. Allnic applies its innovative, fixed bias circuit to achieve quiet and stable operation of the extremely sensitive 7895 tubes. The fixed bias circuit eliminates the sub-sonics so harmful to phono stages and inherent in the characteristics of the R.I.A.A curve, which requires amplification of the lower frequencies. The fixed bias circuit applies a sustained negative DC voltage to the grid of the tubes and to the input coupling capacitors, blocking capacitor “crossover distortion”. This distortion is a common phenomenon but, unfortunately, is often neglected in pre-preamplifiers. The result of no “zero crossover distortion” is, simply, clearer and more vivid reproduction of the music.
• Very High S/N Ratio The above mentioned characteristics of the R.I.A.A curve demand a hum-free prepreamplifier and, therefore, a silent power supply circuit. Even one micro volt (1/1,000,000 of one volt) of hum noise (120Hz hum) in the output signal of a phono pre-preamplifier will result 63mV to the loud speakers. That is unacceptable, and Allnic has overcome the issue through its automatic pure vacuum tube voltage regulation circuitry. This voltage regulation circuit minimizes power supply hum noise to inaudibility.
• Extremely Wide Frequency Range Though the HA-5000 has a single gain stage and no negative feedback, its frequency range capability extends from 15Hz to 125Khz(-3dB), revealing the full richness of the musical information on vinyl. • Ultra Flexibility The capability to follow an unpredictable musical signal with ease is strongly believed to be the heart of musicality for audio equipment. This ability can be indicated by square wave response at high frequencies, especially at 10Kh and the even more rarely achieved 20Khz. Exceeding these expectations, Allnic’s HA-5000 shows a response shape that is, even at 100Khz, in a word, beautiful.
• Micro-Phonic Free Tube Damping Know-how 5 Allnic’s Absorb-Gel® tube damping know-how reaches its zenith in the HA-5000. In the HA5000, an extreme version of this mechanical technology applied, reducing vibration induced noise in the sensitive tube amplification circuit to a level never before realized.
• Variable Input Load Impedances. The HA-5000 has four input load impedances: 50, 100, 200, and 500 ohms, selectable from a control on the front panel. This allows loading according to the output impedances of your MC cartridges. Furthermore, these loads are purely resistive, not compound as with a step-up transformer, resulting in a pure and clean sound.
• As are all Allnic Audio products, the HA-5000 is fully RoHS (EU Reduction of Hazardous Substances regulation) compliant in construction and materials.
The HA-5000 has been designed and manufactured to work most synergistically with Allnic Audio phono preamplifiers and ZL (Zero Loss) Technology cables.
|Inputs||MC (Moving Coil) : unbalanced(RCA) × 2 pair|
|Outputs||Unbalanced(RCA) × 1 pair|
|Ground||Screw Type x 1|
|Frequency Response Range||15KHz to 30KHz, flat|
|S/N Ratio||More than -100 dB (CCIR)|
|Tubes||Pre-preamplifier : 2 x Nuvistor 7895 (equivalent 6CW4)
Power Supply : 2 x 7233 (no equivalent), 2 x 6BH6 (equivalent CV 3908)
|Maximum Input Voltage||530mV (20Hz ~ 20KHz) Non-Clipping|
|Input Load Impedances||50, 100, 200 and 500 Ohms selectable|
|Dimensions||215mm(W) 290mm(D) 115mm(H)|
|Weight||Pre-preamplifier unit : 2.5Kg (5.5lbs)
Power supply : 5.8Kg (12.7 lbs)